- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus especially on infrastructure.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or Master’s Degree Certification in Project Management expected. Minimum 7+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement. Experience must include infrastructure knowledge.
- 5+ years of project management experience in a complex business environment involving multiple diverse business issues in an organization of comparable size and scope, and demonstrated experience and knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in infrastructure projects or projects with a very strong infrastructure components including server, network, communication, cloud environments.
- Experience with Information Technology practices and methods including agile/scrum methodology and preferably lead projects as a scrum master.
- Broad-based information systems, technical management or business experience in a dynamic high-technology environment
- Proficient using PC, Internet and Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others. Think creatively when solving problems or designing new solutions.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new technologies while maintaining current commitments; ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to manage/implement projects and contribute to concept development
May have direct and/or indirect reports, will lead project teams.
Normal Office Environment
Willing to Travel
EOE Minorities/Females Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.