Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
12 HR night
• Supervises coating department on night shift which includes reviewing production orders and/or schedules to ensure that production requirements within the department are completed according to established production schedules. Resolves operational, processing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and production downtime.
• Continuously improves all production methods while adhering to all safety procedures. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational polices.
• Schedules personnel and assigns work to meet production requirements in an efficient and cost effective manner. Ensure adherence to established priorities for production workflow. Assists with planning, developing and administering departmental procedures, policies and standards, ensures organization policies and procedures are communicated and practiced. Develops appropriate measures or standards for performance and uses these to monitor, evaluate and continuously improve employees and production. Maintains shift reports and records. Verifies employee hours worked in KRONOS.
• Provides consistent and constructive feedback to employees; trains, develops or identifies employee’s training and resource needs, establishes priorities, monitors the quality and quantity of work performed by the department and the individuals within the department. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are communicated, understood and practiced.
• Maintains control of resources to ensure on-going operation of the department within the established budget, productivity and efficiency standards; develops and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to proactively address issues that may potentially impact the quality of the production process or product.
• Works with safety committee by attending safety meetings, working on safety projects, completing safety surveys, performing safety training and ensuring a safe work environment and appropriate employee behavior.
• Involved in the hiring process for assigned employee work group. Responsible for employee counseling and disciplinary actions, including recommendations for termination. Involves Human Resources for assistance in the resolution of employee relation issues through effective remediation techniques.
• Performs other duties as required