Operates with substantial latitude for independent judgment and decision-making. Primary duties involve addressing a wide variety of Human Resources issues requiring considerable analytical skills to gather information, assess potential risk, recommends appropriate solutions or advice management accordingly. Possess and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of Human Resources to the completion of difficult assignments.
HR professional position, scope may include multiple location responsibility.
- As a senior business partner/advisor, under the direction of the HR Director/Manager, provides HR services and support to the business unit; confers with department management to identify and address HR related needs; provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving day-to-day work related issues.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring, communicating and interpreting applicable human resources federal, state and company requirements, laws and regulations (such as FLMA, EEO, ADA, OSHA, etc.) gathers information for investigations/reviews; may represent the organization at hearings and/or prepare management/employee data and statistical reports as requested.
- Maintains a broad understanding of and the ability to independently perform cross-functional processes to provide support for and ongoing maintenance of various human resources functions, this includes but is not limited to
- Develop knowledge of the assigned business units to effectively target recruitment efforts in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Leverages various resources (internet, printed media, professional associations, personnel and recruiting firms, etc.) to source qualified and diverse candidate pools. Recruits, interviews, screen and selects qualified and “best match” candidates; assists managers throughout the recruiting and hiring processes, ensures all required documents, files and reports are prepared reviewed, approved and process in a timely manner.
- Assist with the administration of the company’s diverse compensation programs that include both exempt and non-exempt employees; ensures adherence to policies, procedures and payroll processing timelines. Reviews and processes (or refers for processing) approved personnel actions, works with payroll and the compensation department to resolve more complex or non-compliant requests and/or discrepancies; assist with the timely, accurate and confidential preparation and distribution of material and other communications to support multiple compensation processes such as merit, bonus, GWI, JAQ, incentives, etc.
- Work with the benefits department to provide and communicate services to employees; assists with answering questions, resolving claims and eligibility issues; explains benefit programs to employees and management via new hire orientation and training sessions; assists with the coordination and facilitation of annual program activities and events such as open enrollment, health fairs, review and distribution of related communications and benefit statements, wellness programs, etc.
- Provide employee relations support such as conflict resolution, assisting and advising management on disciplinary action and performance improvement counseling; keeps HR management informed, seeking direction and advice on more complex and controversial issues; conducts exit interviews on behalf of management, reviews performance plans, evaluations and development plans ensuring consistent and equitable treatment of employees, keeps HR management informed of discrepancies and potential employee dissent
- Work with HR functional specialists to address and resolve more complex issues; collects, reviews and prepares information for statistical and regulatory reporting, surveys, employee communications, process improvement, payroll processing, etc.; may be tasked with the lead role, assist or facilitate the implementation of small-scale HR projects, annual events and programs; may act in a senior role for the HR department, may orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level employees. In situations where the scope of the HR functions do not warrant and support a management level, this position can directly supervisor up to 2 employees.
- Performs other duties as required.