Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
This position is responsible for supporting and growing the Mohawk Aircraft Carpet business segment while managing existing major Airline accounts. This requires familiarity with Mohawk Aviation’s concepts, practices, and procedures for domestic and international orders. This position relies on experience, judgment, initiative and creativity to plan and accomplish goals. The jobholder performs primary responsibilities with latitude for independent action appropriate to the job level.
• Consult with members of the sales team and internal clients to determine project needs and advise on relevant product or logistics concerns. Develop and implement effective sales plans using a consultative sales strategy to effectively increase sales revenue.
• Assist in establishing Aviation sales and service objectives in conjunction with management in compliance with established policies, procedures and practices.
• In partnership with domestic and international sales agents, develop new and maintain existing major International Accounts. Travel to customers and potential customer in the U.S. and internationally to generate new business through cold calls, prospecting, telemarketing, territory planning and relationship building. Gather intelligence on market trends & competitive products and identify promotional opportunities.
• Respond to RFPs. Develop and maintain major North American airline accounts. Increase business among existing clients and promote the organization to new clients in order to meet strategic business objectives. Calculate and quote prices, take orders; contact prospects and explain features and merits of products or services offered.
• Develop project plans and produce visual solutions for specific needs of the client. Translate client needs into multiple design options that allow flexibility in achieving the goals of the project. Work with clients, management, and internal & external customers to establish and conform to appropriate time and budget constraints for each project.
• Evaluate product performance to help develop and update company goals and objectives. Recommend changes to current product development procedures based on market research and new trends.
• Conduct market research to analyze competitors, determine brand perceptions, evaluate market penetration, and understand customer needs. Identify and monitor changes in the industry that may affect sales.
• Facilitate development of new custom carpet designs to coordinate with airline branding by working with airline customer (marketing, engineering, purchasing, and independent designers) and Mohawk Product Development teams.
• Develop and design creative aesthetic materials that are targeted to a specific audience and consistent with the image of Company brands. Follow projects from conception to implementation print to ensure customer satisfaction and the highest quality standards.
• Participate in and oversee the logistics aspects of industry trade shows. Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Describe the work experience(s) that are required. • Four-year college degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.highly preferred. Some college required.
• 3-5 years experience in sales and /or advanced customer service.
• Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities. • Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to effectively work with internal and external domestic and international customers to meet department and company objectives.
• Ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented decisions, good judgment, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
• Ability to comfortably work with all levels of management and people of different nationalities.
• Desire to work in all areas Aviation sales and customer support.
• Consistent, proven ability to manage and implement projects, contribute to concept development.
• Ability to approach projects and unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease and creativity.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.